22 março 2015

(As) Simetrias [19]







Por entre o génio absoluto de Peter Sellers, 

criador de três memoráveis caricaturas, acutilantes e provocadoras!

"Sir, I have a plan!"







 "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room."

President Merkin Muffley








"Do I look all rancid and clotted? You look at me, Jack. Eh? Look, eh? And I drink a lot of water, you know. I'm what you might call a water man, Jack - that's what I am. And I can swear to you, my boy, swear to you, that there's nothing wrong with my bodily fluids. Not a thing, Jackie."

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake








"Mr. President, it is not only possible, it is essential. That is the whole idea of this machine, you know. Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy... the FEAR to attack. 
And so, because of the automated and irrevocable decision-making process which 
rules out human meddling, the Doomsday machine is terrifying 
and simple to understand... and completely credible and convincing."

Dr. Strangelove





(Peter Sellers em "Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb")





Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário